Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Reality hurts

So I was told this week all that would be in the sky is rain. However, today somewhere between the last episode of Breaking Bad and the Third episode of The Office I realized that it was one of those awesome days where you revoke you right to call yourself a cyclist if you do not ride. So I donned the Lycra, filed the water bottles, pressed play on the Ipod, and headed out.

I did my normal loop into Fenton and back home. It is amazing the little things that forget when you do not ride like being able to clip back in after stopping at a red light, or as the case was today drinking from a water bottle. I tried this seemingly easy task about 2 miles into my ride and ended up in the ditch. I scraped the egg off of my face and continued on my ride. Thankfully without and other incidents.

I was not expecting much from the first real ride back on the road bike so I am fairly happy with my results: 33 miles, 15.5 mph average, 2437 vertical feet of climbing, and 1600 burned calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment