Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Road Trip

Flooding makes sense. I mean we have had a lot of precip this winter which has made riding extremely frustrating. So the fact that 141 sank beneath the murky watter of swollen rivers isn't out of place. What was out of place was the pure white snow that was falling in stark contrast to the grungy sewage water also known as the meramec. As sped my American made econo car across lake valley park by means of interstate 44 I swore I saw a horseman riding in from the north followed by a swarm of locusts. I pressed the accelerator harder for i was on a mission. I had a hockey ticket to a Blues Blackhawks game at the United Center. For those of you who are asking if the Scott Trade Center was renamed it was not. Easter morning for me headed to Chicago. The land of deep dish pizza, high winds, and horrible rude people who think they are New Yorkers. Well two stops for gas and 300 plus miles later I was parking my car wearing team colors. It is alwasy interesting watching a game as a visiting teams fan. I have found out that everyone thinks that they have the best venue for the sport. However, Chicago does have one of the best. It does have one major thing wrong with it. The Untied Center is in Chicago and the Hawks play there. Move it to the Lou have the blues call it home and it would undeniably be the best place to watch hockey. The game mirriored the saeson ; started out promising and ended as a let down (4-3 overtime loss). And so I made my way back home. I cut an hour off of my time and complete the up and back trip in 14 hours. Not a bad way to spend my day off. I just wish I had been able to ride.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about ride time, dude. I've spent exactly 4 hours on a bike in the last week. And it ain't looking better. Damn weather. Almost as bad as the Blues season.

    ReplyDelete