Monday, April 14, 2008

bored ride


Crit racing is a rush. The intensity is a 10 for the entire race and you fight to hold lines catch breaks and snatch primes right out from underneath the $5000 road bike of the guy next to you. The sense of power one feels when the blow past a group at full sprint has to be what Zeus feels when he hurls lightning bolts. Friday night i made the choice not to race Saturday. I was feeling very tired, I was stressed, I was uncertain to weather I would be able to handle my bike safely with my wrist, and the all powerful nail in the racing coffin cash is on the endangered species list in my life. So I slept for 13 hours, got up at 11 ate and suited up for a ride. I did not really feel like pushing myself and with the heavy winds, random bullet like rain drops, and struggling 40 degree temps. I was forced to retire after only 37 miles with a 16.7 average. I then ate an entire pizza and went into work for an unscheduled shift. A pretty mild way to spend my day off. Oh well I'll melt my face next weekend at the Tour Of Hermann, enjoy the pics!
Can you tell what intersection this is?


Aright which dirty scoundrel knows what you can find this?


Typical NORBA race conditions

1 comment:

  1. Those tags are up at Wet Willy's - I bet Jon Steel put 'em there! On his totally Surly, dude!

    ReplyDelete