Monday, May 19, 2008

Beautiful Day

U2 had it right. That is if Bono was singing about last Saturday which would be impossible since that song was release a few years prior so I guess they got it wrong. Regardless, the 17th was one of those days you just want to spend outside riding bikes. So the bat signal was flashed and the DrJ's headed to the ranch (Well Chris John Matthews and myself). Things where setting up for a good ride: great weather, great trails, and a bike that hadn't had a mechanical in three weeks. Then I got on the bike. I think it was a culmination of still getting used to the new bike, My lack of nutrition, lack of sleep, lack of training and mostly lack of drive to correct any and all of the above. Anyway you want to slice this lemon it was sour. I was pushing through it trying to kept the pace when I clipped a tree with my handle bars and decided my knee and stem needed to become married in painful matrimony. It was the basic "that hurts! is there blood? crap no scar." thought pattern and I kept riding only to bobble a little while later and do the same thing. This time the pain was lingering. On every up stroke I was feeling pain in my knee. I am no doctor abut I do know continuous pain means that things are not working properly. I was able to finish the 13mile lap but the plan to do two laps had to be scrapped. The knee does feel better but still hurts. I am giving it one more day but I cant pass on time off so I'll be at the wood tomorrow.

Super fast Nice guy Dave Breslin took a Top Five slot in the WORZ race up in Wisconsin on the 18th. Nice finish man!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for all the support robert!

    your day will come my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take note. Keep your knees away from the stem at all times. Treatment: Lots and lots of ice and HTFU (same advice I get from Aggro and Gibbs.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe what Bono was actually singing about was simply "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!"

    ReplyDelete