Sunday, May 11, 2008

Home Field Advantage

This really does not exist at Castlewood because everyone all ride/trains there. However, this was DRJ sponsored race so our logo would have been painted in the center of the field and the fans would be waving big blue and yellow foam fingers, if such things existed for mountain bike races.

The conditions were the standard for this race season: WET. Coming down Lone Wolf I completely drifted a corner. No brakes, both wheels spinning, cranks turning, and the bike moved sideways around the bend. Pretty sick and I felt like a BA till I realized I was still in 9th. I caught and passed Mr. 8 and almost caught Bob who was holding up the 7th spot. I came up on him on the last lap as we climbed Love. Determined to not let the fat kid beat him he stomped on the gas and dropped me until the last down hill where I gained enough ground back to finish only a few seconds behind him. A very sarcastic thanks to whoever yelled "Robert is right there" as I snuck up on him at the finish. Congrats to Chris on again taking 1st for not realy being stoked to race he sure cleans house well!


I used this Race to Officaly unvail my new race rig; A Niner Air 9. I got a deal that I couln't pass up from Craig Basler an up and coming cyclist on the STL scene. I managed to get my hands on a Fox F29 with 80mm of travel to keep the front soft and set it up with an X9 drive train. The wheels have some sweet green King hub that were part of the deal as well as King headset and Easton EC70 seatpost. I switched over all of the other goodies: XT cranks, Thompson stem, Ritchey WCS Carbon bar, and selle XLR seat. the weight is just over 27lb but that cool cause I am no Davey B.

when i locate my Camera and she is clean I throw some actual pics up.

1 comment:

  1. Bike looks good. I hope it's working out for you. Great race and way to grind it through. I'll keep coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete