Monday, August 25, 2008

not your average group ride

Sunday rolled around and I found myself with a morning off. I decided that it would be a good time to resurrect our TC Sunday Morning Road Ride. The dynamic duo of Casey Ryback and Myself where joined By SSGT. Tiegs from the Army Recruiting station next to the shop. We headed out at 815am which is a bit later then we had planned but still gave us ample time to do a tour of west county before returning to open the doors at high noon.

We ventured up Sulphur Springs cut through some subdivisions to Ries enjoyed a quick lap of Castlewood where I was cut off by an old grumpy Navy Veteran. Back on Keefer Creek to St.Paul continuing on Ridge. I am trying to recover from a cold and my breathing was suffering as we neared Old State. I coughed up everything I could as we stuck out through Lake Chesterfield to Old Manchester. Matt was bombing the down hills and put a gap on my as we descended Woods. I have not felt confident on negative grades in almost a year. A quick stop at Smokey the Bear to refill bottle and it was time for the pain. Melrose, Doberman, Orville and Khers Mill were the final climbs back to Baxter and the hammer fest back to the shop.
18mph average for 42 miles. Always enjoy this ride I have next Sunday morning off as well if you are interested let me know because I am sure we will do something similar next Sunday as well.

1 comment:

  1. What if we called it the "TC Man Ride?" Or maybe the "TC Man Sun Ride?"

    I just visited the commode, and I feel about 4 pounds lighter. But my nose is still a little clogged...

    -C. Ryback

    ReplyDelete