Sunday, April 18, 2010

Warming up for Chub

It is no surprise that I have not been riding all that much until lately. But I have missed the trails and I have missed the purity of the sport. Don't get me wrong I am not one of those guys who scoffs at riders who rock 9 speed duel suspensions with the latest garmin's. But losing yourself on trails you know by the back of you hand while riding a rigid single speed is by far one of the best feeling I have felt on a bike. Either way you rock it Castlewood is always a good place to ride. However, like any true blue cyclist you need more. For this reason there are new trails and other parks. And as much as I will always ride Cwood there are days were I want a trail that will chew me up and spit me out. A trail where the people out there are just as serious as you are. A trail that is forgiving and yet ruthless. A trail by the name of Chub. I am not ready for a day in the saddle at Chub yet. But, after a few more rides, and figuring out how to clip in again. I will stare down that rocky snake that twists through the back woods of West Tyson Castlewood and Loan Elk, turn up my music, and ride it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment