Monday, January 28, 2008

South Trace

Saturday I was scheduled to work 9-5. However, I had a slightly different idea of how Saturday the 26th of January was going to be recorded in the history of the world. Bob, Chris, Wes, and Little Buddy were heading south to ride South Trace and connect it with Council Bluff for an all day epic ride. Through the graces of a chill boss I was able to move my hours around and secure an entire day of freedom. The ride would have been worth picking up an extra 8 hour shift. The single track is unbelievable despite having numerous trees down. An nuisance that was easy to over look considering some of the down hill had me forgetting all about Colorado. The trail at Council Bluff was much more groomed and we made short work of it. We ended back at the car 32 miles, four and a half hours, 80oz of fluid, and 3 gu's later. The trail: perfect. The weather: perfect. The ride: Best of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment