Tuesday, February 12, 2008

the suck

So since my last post what have I been up to? Besides not posting blogs I have been putting my body though a crash coarse in "get the Eff in shape". I have learned a valuable lesson: trainers suck! Thankfully I have a gym membership that I can use to supplement my training. Now I am feeling a bit better about myself and where I am at but I still have a long way to go.
This was made evident to me last Friday when I attempted to ride my commute trifecta (Home to Starbucks. Starbucks to TC (touring cyclist). TC to Home.) I left my house at 430am and got to work at 530am and ended up clocking in late due to having to change. I can normally do the first leg (14 +/- miles) in less than an hour. Oh well it was dark and cold so I'll just bust it to TC.
I made the decission to take a longer route to TC since I had two hours to get there (9+/- miles). The route takes me down 141 over the Meramec where I normally turn left onto Vance and take it to Hanna and from there to Manchester. Today I felt like adding some more pain so I turned right, cut though a subdivision up to old 141 and got dumped out onto Big Bend. I entered into another domestic orgy of prefab housing in order to reach Carmen RD. Carmen lead me to Des Peres and up to Clayton. I took the St.Louis cycling super highway down to Henry RD and turned into the TC parking lot. My legs were dead! I had no gas left and 14 miles home. Normally I would have tried the trip home considering the 6 hour rest as so known as my shift. But crossing the Meramec on 141 in the dark during rush hour on spent legs is not something I was about to attempt. I called the cavalry and got a ride home in a heated jeep. Oh well lesson learned. Trainers suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment