Thursday, October 2, 2008

DARKNESS

1. the partial or total absence of light 2.wickedness or evil.
So there you have it night time in the woods it evil. Well then get be a black cloak and an alter because I enjoy riding bikes in the dark. You are forced to ascend to a higher level if you want to come back from a night ride with all of your blood still flowing through your fragile veins. Friday the 26th of September Castlewood hosted a night ride so I did the logical thing and charge my batteries. We (Jack Tagert, Casey Ryback, Jay Tiegs and CO.) rode all of the familure trails. The trails that we bomb down without thinking because they have been burned into whatever part of the brain controls the memorization of mountain bike trails. This time they were all different. It was as if the trails themselves where serpents that had been in hybrination until now and were furrious that were were riding down there spines while our HID light blinded them. I loved every second of it. So when the post went out on the DRJ message board that we would be doing a double ranch ride one being shrouded in wickedness. I once again had to call on my logic to get myself to ditch school and load up the trusty Niner. The first lap hurt. The second lap hurt worse. mostly due to being the slowest of the four team members (Bob, Wes, Jim, and myself). However, it was good race day practice because as we know BURNIN' AT THE BLUFFS is October the 11, 2009. The two hard laps equaled to about 25miles which wil always equal volcano tacos from TB on the way home.

2 comments:

  1. i dropped a deuce at the Grant's Trail trailhead, and just barely finished the job with the available TP. Then when I walked out of the door, there was some poor bastard going in, I hope he found out too late that there was no TP! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. post something new so I can post a bowl update!!!oneoneeleven

    ReplyDelete