Monday, June 22, 2009

Holly Hell its Hot

For all of you who decided to not show up at MWFTS race yesterday you all missed out on some amazing trails. Mark did a fantastic job preping this coarse and the Re routes were just as sick as the traditional face melting single track that is St.Joes.

The Heat was a killer and as soon as I stepped out of I was sweating. A sign of what was to come over the next 3 and a half hours. I lined up Near Seagal Soldier Jack Tagart (Jiim Valentine) and got set for the marathon start. I had no idea how awesome the trails would be. The pinicle of single track: fast, flowy, grinding climbs, long decents, hard corners to drift the rear wheel around nothing short of perfect.

As we wet into the woods I hoped in behind Eric Schuck, Pfood, and Tagart. I yo-yoed behind Schuck as we snaked though the woods. I finally reeled him in just before he passed Pfood We both caught Tagart who let us around. Pfood and I trade places though the first lap and into the second before I was able to pull away but at a severe price. I had drained my camble back and now only had about 3 bottles left as i cam in from lap two I ditched the pack, Grabbed a fresh bottle, and stuffed a power bar into my face which had melted all over my jersey. The third lap found me churning along I caught two other riders one of which ended up getting away from me on lap four. As I neared the end of the lap I was out of water and getting goose bumps. I grabbed another bottle this one with rocket fuel in it and headed out for lap four at the 2:52 mark of the race. More of the same followed as I was being to lose focus and was getting pretty sloppy. Dwayne passed lapped me close to the finish line still looking fresh. I kept my head down though and made it across the line at 3:39:30 earning a 6th place finish out of 14 starters. I am pretty happy with that and look forward to getting back out on the Bi G Unit. Pe@ce

3 comments:

  1. plop plop

    Nice work at teh race

    plop plop

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Robortion appears to be up to something. Coach's duty report/comment just blew my mind.
    Dr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not sleep, and I am contemplating a late-night/early morning poo. Actually, that's a lie because I did that earlier.

    Man, I wish I could sleep.

    ReplyDelete