Sunday, June 10, 2007

Alpha

"Since i was a little Kid i loved to ride my bike." Such a sweet start to the usual story about another mountain bike racer. Yet it is a truth for me. A red huffy single speed like everyone else. I would Skid in out grave drive way all day long much the grief of my father. I graduated from that to gears then to a Kona Caldera with 9spd XT and a bomber. The full supension was another Kona. A Kikapu again with an XT drive train and a marzocchi fork. A job at the Touring Cyclist coupled with being dumped fueled the obsession with riding. A Fuji Team Pro with full Ultegra was the next addition to my stable followed closely by a Surly Karate Monkey Single speed 29er. Racing was logically the next step for me and I had a pretty good season in the beginner class. As the season ended two things were staring me in the face. One: I had to move up into sport class,and two: I needed to Upgrade the mountain bike. So I ordered a Kona Kula Primo (easton ultra light aluminum) frame and a Reba race fork. A 07 XTR replace the older version and i swapped the rest of my other parts over. So far this season I have achieved all of my goals for racing sport class. Since life is about progression it is only natural that i try road racing. So i purchased the cat 5 license and sprinted it out with the fastest guy in my class. That is were I sit now. I don't really see myself as someone who has been riding for ever to me it is as if the first chapter has just been finished. All of the main characters are introduced and my back story is laid out. Now it is time to make the future happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment