Thursday, June 28, 2007

RACE\\//ECAR


The Webster Crit was a blast. Despite annoying some more seasoned riders I had a good time. Bob,Wes, and Scott from DRJ Racing gave me lot of encouragement during the Cat 5 race which I ended up third in. I am still not sure where the Guy who took first went after he passed me but congrats to him for blowing us away. The 4/5 race was a different story. Without having a team I leaves me to have to fight a little harder. I pulled more than I should, couldn't defend against attacks, and did win any sprints. Not to mention I seriously angered (not intentionally) a few riders/teams. Basically it came down to this: 2 laps left I am in the lead group, attacks on either side leave me deep in the pack and i had no legs left to sprint. Oh well i got to ride for most of the day and I learned a little bit about racing crits so hopefully i can improve for Soulard. Congrats to Bob on his 4th place finish in the cat3/4 race.


PS- if anyone has any tips, secrets, or things i should know about crit racing I am all ears.

1 comment:

  1. my advice? stay away from Pedobear - he'll ruin your day.

    http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Pedobear

    ReplyDelete