Monday, August 6, 2007

MOAB ....NEW HOME?


The first day I got to ride here in gorgeous Moab Utah was on the 4th. I decided to start out slow and ease into the MTB scene here. YEAH RIGHT SLICKROCK HERE I COME!!!!!11 It kicked my ass. I crashed twice bending my Derailure hanger both times and skinning up my arm a bit. Then i broke a chain near the end but im a mechanic so i was able to trail fix it all (I love using an d XTR derailure as a leverage tool). I decided the 13+ miles there wasnt enough so I headed out to the Bar M trail which was rated as an easy trail. Well i got a little off track and ended up on the Soverign trail which had some whicked single track but took me way out of my way. All said and doen day one about 25 miles. that night I met up with thei guy Andy who was originally from STL and we planned a road ride for the next morning. We met up about 830amand road to Arches National Park. Gorgeouse Scenary and gigantic climbs totaling 50 miles. Today i decided to try to do the Behind the rocks 16mile loop that is used for the 24hrs of Moab enduance race. I got out there early and it was over cast so the cool temps really helped me out concidering i got lost again and added 2 extra miles onto the course. Still not satisfied I headed out to Klondike tail (picture). This trail is an out and back which is 7 miles of climbing to and over look then 7 miles of down hill. total milage 33 miles. I AM HAVING A FREAKING BLAST!!!!! Check out some of my trap vids on mysapce

2 comments:

  1. the vidieos are cool, i guess thats your only friend in the car?
    only 3 more days till i'm in the hills too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah pretty much that was one long ass drive

    ReplyDelete