Sunday, August 5, 2007

So much going on

Way back on July 9th Floyd Landis was having a book signing up in Chicago. I decided to take some days off of Charter and drive up there to shake hands and maybe get a sponsorship lol. I was a good time however, the 10hrs of driving in one day screwed my sleep pattern up for the next week and just got me off to a bad start for training. The tour of Sulard was on the 15th of July and I entered the 4/5 race and the 3/4 race. As I said before the week leading up to the race I got poor sleep and I only managed one training ride (one ride for that matter). So the day of the race came and I was under prepared and could feel it. The game face went on anyway and i set up on the line. I had a poor start ( looked like a roockie because I couldn't find my pedal). I worked my way back up to the lead group (about ten riders). I was getting ready draft to get my legs back when my front wheel caught the back wheel of the rider in front of me. Asphalt is hard and it is even harder in front of your friends. I got up and restarted but got dropped and DNF'ed. I cleaned my wounds and got set for my second start. Once again i had a poor start and spent the entered time trying to gain ground back. However, the Cat 3s are fast and even faster as a group. Once again I DNF'ed. Bruised and defeated I packed up and went home. Since I had the next Tuesday night off I went out to the Tuesday night crit races. I raced the B and C races but just didn't feel ever good and ended up with a poor showing. I think the only thing that will help me Is more training and less work.

No comments:

Post a Comment