Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Smart....not really



So Here is how my day off went


Got bored


went for a easy road ride


Decided to drop the easy and do a 62 mile loop into the La Sal mountains


Ate all my food on the climb and drank most of my water


Started the 20 mile decent back to Moab


bridge was out had to turn around and climb 3 miles back to the summit


8oz of watter left and 39miles


Descending at 30mph
Add Image

hairpin+brakes+grave=bent derailleur hanger, out of true wheels, and blood


finish the 20+ mile decent with about 4oz of water left


1/2 oz drinks as I limp the rolling road back at 16-17mph


GET BACK TO CAMP 79MILES 5.15HOURS WITH A 15MPH AVERAGE AND 4500 FEET OF CLIMBING.




Hind sight: Maybe I should have gotten a cassette with a bigger ring then 23

No comments:

Post a Comment